Read on to get step by step directions to achieve this cool rockabilly hairstyle.
PRODUCTS & TOOLS
- 1-1.5″ CURLING IRON
- FLAT IRON
- light to medium hold HAIRSPRAY
- HAIR PINS
- SECTIONING CLIP
- CURL CLIPS
- TEASING BRUSH
- Start at the center of the crown and using a COMB connect that point to just above the temple area on both sides. This should create a triangle shape. Section off the fringe area with a SECTIONING CLIP for later.
- Part hair from the point at crown down the center in the back. Divide each of those sections into 2 or 3 horizontal sections depending on the density of hair.
- Starting with one of the 3 sections on either side take a 1-2″ section of hair and curl toward the face with a 1-1.5″ CURLING IRON. Use a CURL CLIP to set the curl in place to cool.
- Repeat step #3 until all sections of hair are curled & set.
- Remove SECTIONING CLIP from the triangle section and FLAT IRON to smooth at root.
- Divide the hair into 3 horizontal sections and curl down and under towards forehead.
- Taking .5″ diagonal sections starting at the crown tease with a TEASING BRUSH. Continue on the rest of section.
- Brush section forward and down curling the fringe under with fingers. Secure with HAIR PINS and spray with HAIRSPRAY.
- Remove all curl setting clips and BRUSH through curls.
photographer ANGELA MARKLEW, hair ASHLEY LYNN HALL @ ART DEPARTMENT LA, makeup DEBORAH CHUNG, model RENATA GUERRRA @ PHOTOGENICS LA