Now you can achieve this avant-garde style straight off the runway! Created by Eugene Souleiman for Maison Margiela FW16 at Paris Fashion Week.
PRODUCTS & TOOLS
- SECTIONING CLIP
- TEASING BRUSH
- TEXTURE SPRAY
- custom colored or purchased COLORFUL HUMAN HAIR EXTENSION WEFT
- CLOTHING IRON or FLAT IRON
(COLORED HAIR PIECE PREP)
- Using COLORFUL HUMAN HAIR EXTENSION WEFT in color of your choice lightly tease & spray with HAIRSPRAY.
- Using cutting SHEARS cut the top section off of the weft. *The strip that the hair is sewn into.
- Take a small section of the teased hair and gently pull apart to create a small web of lightly teased hair.
- Lay the web of hair in between two pieces of FOIL & iron hair with a CLOTHING IRON. * A FLAT IRON can also be used.
- Repeat steps 3-4 until all teased hair has been ironed.
- Once cool gently pull the two pieces of FOIL apart and you are left with a web of colored hair.
- Start on naturally textured dry hair. Use a COMB create a center part.
- Part hair horizontally from ear to ear and secure the top section with a SECTIONING CLIP.
- Generously spray HAIRSPRAY from the horizontal part to the nape of the neck and smooth with a TEASING BRUSH to form hair to head.
- Create another horizontal part about an inch above the 1st horizontal parting and repeat step #3.
- Repeat step #4 until you reach the crown and all hair is formed to head.
- Take the colored webs of hair and layer them using your fingers to form to the head. Lightly spray with HAIRSPRAY.
- Pull strands from the web past hairline and across forehead.
- Pull strands from the web at the nape of the neck down to blend with the rest of the hair.
- Spray the hair left out below the nape of neck with a TEXTURE SPRAY and work with fingers to finish this avant garde style!
Photographer ANGELA MARKLEW, Model ASHLEY GRAVES @ PHOTOGENICS LA, Makeup ANTHONY MERANTE @ FR8ME ARTISTS, Hair ASHLEY LYNN HALL @ ART DEPARTMENT