Step by step directions to achieve this editorial look.
PRODUCTS & TOOLS
- THERMAL PROTECTIVE SPRAY that has a little hold to it.
- detangling BRUSH
- sectioning CLIP
- LARGE WAVING IRON
- light hold HAIRSPRAY
- Start on dry clean hair.
- Lightly spray hair with a THERMAL PROTECTIVE SPRAY that has a little hold to it and BRUSH through until product dries.
- Part hair horizontally from ear to ear and CLIP the top section out of the way.
- Divide the lower section into 3 vertical sections.
- Take each section and wave from a few inches away from scalp to ends using a LARGE WAVING IRON.
- Remove the CLIP from the upper section and divide that section into 4 vertical sections.
- Take each section and wave from cheekbone level through ends.
- Lightly BRUSH through to break up waves.
- Spray a little HAIRSPRAY on fingertips and work hair with fingers to achieve a chaotic/messy texture.
photographer ANGELA MARKLEW, hair ASHLEY LYNN HALL @ ART DEPARTMENT LA makeup GARRET GERVAIS @ THE GRID AGENCY, model CAITLIN LAWSON @ PHOTOGENICS