Step by step directions to achieve this super cool look!
PRODUCTS & TOOLS
- WATER BOTTLE
- HAIR TIES
- strong hold GEL
- SECTIONING CLIPS
- SETTING CLIPS
- Start on damp hair.
- Using a COMB part off a 1.5″ wide section from the center top of the forehead down to the nape of the neck. Twist & clip section out of the way with a SECTIONING CLIP.
- Create 2 more 1.5″ sections 1 on each side of the 1st braid. Twist & clip each section out of the way with a SECTIONING CLIP.
- Section off 1-1.5″ of hairline that is left out of clips & secure with SECTIONING CLIP.
- Create 4 more 1.5″ sections 2 on each side of the 1st 3 braids. Twist & clip each section out of the way with a SECTIONING CLIP.
- Starting at the very top center section remove SECTIONING CLIP and COMB to smooth. Lightly spray with WATER BOTTLE to dampen. Create an inverted braid down the entire section thru to ends and secure with a HAIR TIE. *To create an inverted braid: braid strands under rather than over one another.
- Repeat step 6 on the remaining 6 sections leaving the 2 hairline sections secured.
- Remove SECTIONING CLIP from one of the hairline sections. Lightly spray with WATER BOTTLE until hair is damp. Add some GEL to the COMB and comb GEL thru hairline section from root to ends.
- Finger wave the section down until you reach top of ear. Tuck remaining hair behind ear and secure finger wave with SETTING CLIPS to secure until section dries.
- Repeat steps 8-9 on remaining hairline section.
- Remove SETTING CLIPS once finger waves have set & you’re ready to go!
Photographer ANGELA MARKLEW, Model RENATA GUERRA @ PHOTOGENICS, Makeup DEBORAH CHUNG, Hair ASHLEY LYNN HALL @ ART DEPARTMENT LA