This wild textured look is inspired by hair artist Odile Gilbert’s design for Jonathan Simkhai’s Spring/Summer 2018 show. Here we share step by step directions to achieve this whimsical half up, half down hairstyle.
products & tools
- Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo
- Oribe Superfine Strong Hairspray
- Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press
- Hot Tools (3/8”) barrel curling iron
- hair pins
- Lightly spray damp hair with Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press and rough dry with hands.
- From bottom to top take 1″ square sections and tightly wind hair around a thin (3/8”) barrel curling iron to create those tight ringlets.
- Break apart curls with fingers and lightly spray hair with Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo.
- Take two sections one on each side from the ear to the temple and twist across each other in the back creating a knot and secure with hair pins.
- Wrap the ends of the hair from the knot and pin them around the head like a crown.
- Pull some tendrils free to soften the look all over exaggerating the hair around the hairline at the fringe and set with Oribe Superfine Strong Hairspray.